RESSA – Red Española de Servicios, SA – was established in 1970 to provide road hauliers with a fuel payment card that they could use at service stations on Spain’s main dual carriageways. In time, multi-brand service stations located along motorways and the main dual carriageways of the Autonomous Regions were also incorporated.
In 1985, acceptance of the card was extended to include multi-brand networks of mechanical workshops, cleaning and lubrication stations, tow trucks, car parks etc. RESSA was the first professional payment card issuer accepted at toll booths on Spanish motorways.
With this service, hauliers could easily reclaim VAT with RESSA’s invoices and monitor the spending of each vehicle on fuel, tolls, etc.
And while the networks of establishments linked to RESSA were being developed, the number of holders of our cards increased dramatically. RESSA then set up its 24/365 Roadside Technical Assistance Service and later purchased two independent Spanish card issuers.
From 1996, in partnership with one of its leading shareholders Cepsa, RESSA embarked on the gradual development of a series of services:
• Mobile communications and location (cell and GPS)
• Full Loads
• IVA-Express (reclaiming, financing and net invoicing)
• Professional insurance policies
RESSA has subsequently evolved to meet the needs of their haulier clients by incorporating the following advantages:
• Means of payment at motorway tolls and roadside technical assistance in 15 European countries and Morocco, as well as service stations in eight countries.
• New information systems (SAP) that provide information to streamline the administrative tasks of hauliers.
• Card security (confidential code) and in transactions.
137,000 active RESSA cards (cards that make transactions) are used by 34,000 haulier customers and the annual volume of payments made using our cards stands in excess of €500 million.
RESSA is the leading transport services company in Southern Europe with the broadest range of services on the market.
WEB SITE : www.ressa.com